Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Australia: Bought a second hand DS708
Australia: Bought a second hand DS708

3553 Views 1 Replies Latest reply: 2014-04-14 07:18:18

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    05jt05
    2014-04-14 05:30:52

Hi everyone,

I purchased a AUTEL MAXIDAS DS708 second hand. It has Holden software for Australian vehicles but doesn't have the Ford for Australian vehicles?

Can anyone help or any reccomendations?

Kind regards,

John

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-04-14 07:18:18 (Reply to:05jt05)

Hi John,

I see two reasons.
    - Ford deleted by the old owner
    - SD card error

First step in in my eyes to get the device registered to your own autel ID.
    Check if the device still has updates or not.

Do a backup copy of the SD content (ZIP) before you do any further action !!!

Once this this done download and install the PC suite for the DS708.
    Start the update software, insert the SD into the PC, select the drive holding the SD inside the update software.
    On the second tab you can see the car software installed and possible updates.
    If you are lucky you can select Ford AU there to be re-installed onto the SD.
    If there is a Ford AU entry but, as you say, it does not work you might have an SD error.

You can try to delete the Ford AU part via the updater and re-install. But this may only work if you get updates. In the worst case you have to renew the update period for your device to get what you need. And you have the chance to swtich to a bigger and/or faster SD card and install all new software via the PC update software onto int.

I hope this helps.

AND, always use "eject" from the context menue in Windows before you remove the SD.
    Otherwise you can easily damage the filesystem on the SD leading to all kind of errors.

Total1 Pages